The card manufacturing industry is constantly evolving. According to the International Card Manufacturers Association (ICMA), global production exceeds 35.4 billion cards annually spread across Government/health, Telephone, Financial, Retail/Gift, Gaming cards and “print on demand” greeting cards that require either personalisation or variable data.
Whether a card:
- Serves as an ID (passports, driver license)
- Facilitates payment/credit (e.g. financial/phone cards)
- Gives access to various services (transportation, security, gaming)
- Is a personalised invitation or greeting card
- Forms a part of a loyalty, marketing or promotional program
… the information printed on them must be legible, accurate, secure and correctly match any supporting documentation.
- Reliable reading of barcodes and unique identifiers on high speed, multi-lane digital card printing & transportation systems
- Technologies that can read embossed characters, and cards with lower contrast background
- Ability to read lower resolution, single nozzle inkjet printing often associated with pin numbers
- Ability to integrate magnetic stripe reading information into matching and integrity software tools and reports
- Scratch off panel verification tools used simultaneously with reading and data integrity tools.
- To track units through the supply chain, units are aggregated into bundles, bundles into cases and cases onto pallets, with the parent-child relationships maintained in a database.
- High-speed reading at throughput in excess of 60,000 cards per hour.
- Reporting to prove production integrity and confirm which cards were processed with which backers/carriers and which pin/SIM numbers are assigned to which serial numbers.
Solutions for Cards Manufacturers & Printers
Lake Image Systems installed its first plastic card and carrier matching solution in 1994 for a loyalty card program, and has installed hundreds of card verification systems since. Our expertise in plastic card integrity verification not only applies to discrete cards but can be applied to multi-up cards produced on sheets and web applications. Experts within camera technologies and lighting, Lake Image Systems provide industry best read rates for hard to read cards including full-text reading of alpha-numeric characters such as names.
Return on investment can be quickly achieved through reduced inspection costs, improved efficiency, and reduced risk of returns.
Our solutions provide standard verification, quality control and reporting tools which can be easily applied to a wide range of variable data verification requirements. This includes our Read and Print solutions to print and verify the data in a single pass. Our solutions read critical data even from challenging, highly reflective and embossed surfaces. Our Discovery suite can also be integrated with MIS and in-house factory tracking systems.
InLine inspection system for verifying data and images printed on Gaming Cards and Lottery Tickets
- Card attaching Systems
- Card inkjet bases
- Narrow web and sheet fed presses
- Card transports
- Digital presses
- Off-line card Inspection equipment
- Inkjet read & print systems
- Robotic card batcher and carton packers
- Card feeders & affixers
Discovery Multiscan is a suite of bolt-on camera and scanner based integrity verification and reporting solutions which integrate on new or legacy printing, attaching, bindery, plastic card or finishing equipment.LEARN MORE
Discovery Enterprise is a centralised production management system which extends throughout an entire production facility.LEARN MORE
Discovery READ&PRINT tracks each card through the finishing device from initial Read to final Print, providing a higher level of production integrity.LEARN MORE
Discovery SmartPQ is a comprehensive print quality inspection system for monitoring 100% of the web using high performance line scan imaging, high definition web viewing and automated defect detection technology for web print, cards labels and packaging applications.LEARN MORE
Related Case Studies
Lake Image Systems Improves Press Productivity for Vietnam Post and Telecommunications GroupNovember 26, 2015
The Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group Pte Ltd. (VNPT) have implemented a camera based, data...Read more