Banknotes, identity cards, passports, tamper-evident labels, cheques, product authentication, stock certificates and postage/tax stamps are the life blood of the Security Printing industry. Driven primarily to combat the ever growing threat of counterfeiting and smuggling activities, Security Printers are tasked with ensuring that every document, label, stamp or card produced is legible, accurate, secure, error-free, tracked and has a detailed audit trail.
- Reliable reading of barcodes and unique identifiers on high speed, multi-lane digital presses and transport systems
- Ability to provide multiple, simultaneous capabilities such as currency paper stock verification, compare printed information to a data file, image archiving and integrity reporting at production speeds
- Ability to read from challenging highly reflective surfaces such as holograms and foils, and ultraviolet and infrared printed codes
- Ability to ensure all items within a print file are processed without missing or duplicate pieces
- Bar-Code ANSI/ISO grading and reporting to ensure linear bar-codes, 2D/QR codes and GS-1 codes comply with guaranteed contract specifications and international standards.
- Seamless integration with third party processing equipment such as in-line inkjet printers, feeders, affixers, stacking and labelling equipment
- To facilitate tracking units throughout the production process and supply chain, units are aggregated into bundles, bundles into cases and cases onto pallets, with parent-child relationships maintained in a database
- Integration with “Track & Trace” applications
- Integrity reporting to prove production integrity and detailed audit reporting to satisfy stringent Government and brand owner requirements.
Solutions for Security Printers
Lake Image Systems gives security printers and their suppliers the confidence and reassurance that their production processes are correct, error-free, trackable, and importantly, auditable according to their end clients needs. This can include banknote issuing authorities, government authorities, law enforcement agencies and postal authorities.
Lake Image’s Discovery platform provides standard verification, quality control and reporting tools which can easily be applied to a wide range of variable data verification including Tax Stamp verification and Read and Print solutions. Our solutions capture critical data using our industry-leading range of camera and scanner technologies and then analyze the information using a set sophisticated variable data verification, integrity and print quality software tools. When errors are identified, our equipment integration and control can deal with the error in the most appropriate way while creating a detailed audit trail.
Return on investment can be quickly achieved through reduced inspection costs, improved efficiency and minimised business risks for Security Printers along with associated revenue losses for Governments, enforcement agencies and brand owners.
Lake Image Systems is a leader in delivering cost-effective print quality and integrity management solutions for the security print industry, providing:
- Variable data verification, integrity and quality inspection
- Embedded RFID Read, Encode, Print and Verify
- Handling highly reflective surfaces & UV/IR printed codes
- Missing/duplicate document/label detection
- ANSI/ISO Bar-code grading & quality
- Unique ID and barcode legibility
- Sequence/batching/sorting verification
- In-Inline inkjet integration & print verification
- Database matching
- Base stock verification
- Integration with Track & Trace systems
- Scratch off verification
- Reporting and Audit
The Discovery systems are scalable, modular and designed to fit within your existing security print & processing lines. Comprehensive maintenance and support contracts are available to ensure maximum systems availability, long operational life and future-proofing
- Inkjet read & print systems
- Sheet fed and narrow web presses
- Inkjet personalisation bases
- Digital Printing Presses
- Document & Label transports
- Converting equipment
- Off-line Inspection equipment
Discovery Multiscan is a suite of bolt-on camera and scanner based integrity verification and reporting solutions which integrate on new or legacy printing, inserting, bindery or finishing equipment.LEARN MORE
Discovery Enterprise is a centralised production management system which extends throughout an entire production facility.LEARN MORE
Related Case Studies
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more
Lake Image Systems provides a 100% verification system for validating winning lottery ticketsNovember 26, 2015
Lake Image Systems provides Arcon Bulgaria Ltd., a 100% verification system for automating winning lottery...Read more