Today many documents now comprise of multiple sheets, printed and finished on multiple devices. Keeping track of each and every sheet, and its integrity across multiple printers, collators, cutters and inserters of varying capabilities, age and models becomes highly complex and time consuming to manage. Also when producing shipping and security labels and plastic cards, received as multiple jobs over a specific period and potentially split across multiple presses, ensuring there are no duplicate labels is a mammoth task. This is critical when you need to check and keep track of millions or even billions of labels and cards over time.
When producing shipping and security labels and plastic cards, received as multiple jobs over a specific period and potentially split across multiple presses, ensuring there are no duplicates is a mammoth task. Even more critical when you need to check and keep track of millions or even billions of labels and cards over long periods of time.
Discovery Enterprise provides a comprehensive process integrity control and management, document quality control and reporting solution, The Discovery Enterprise server, connected by a network of Discovery MultiScan clients reads, grades, logs and tracks each and every item. It is capable of tracking each item at every stage of its life cycle from print through to delivery. It provides the critical tracking and reporting engine that maintains item integrity control and defect detection throughout the complete production process. For example, if a missing page or print defect is detected at the printer, cutter or inserter, the mailpiece associated with this page will be diverted, normally at the end of the inserter line for further inspection and is flagged for reprinting.
Additionally, as information is processed on the server rather than the individual local client, job batches can be split among multiple processing lines, providing operational flexibility.
Discovery Enterprise also picked up the coveted MUST SEE EM award at the GraphExpo 2014 show for innovation.
Sophisticated End to End Integrity Management and Reporting
- Real-time piece level tracking and control for multi-step production processes.
- Non sequential piece processing
- Tracking and alarms for incorrect, missing or duplicate sheets across multiple devices and multiple jobs
- Dashboard overview of active equipment and jobs, with search, filter and sort tools
- Comprehensive data logging and audit trail
- SLA deadlines with alarm notification
- Flexible data import, fixed width, CSV
- Additional print data capture & verification (Child Data) for enriching reports and data feeds into CRM and other systems
- Near real-time system replication features for disaster recovery and security
- Web reporting with a selection of standard Job, Machine and Operator productivity and performance reports with data (CSV) downloads
- Custom reports available on request
- Feed data into external ADF, MIS & job accounting systems.
Web Printing/Labels (offset, digital, narrow web presses & security printing) –Multi-lane label tracking and integrity managements. Missing/duplicate piece detection across multiple devices and job runs
Shipping & Security Labels (Authentication, shipping, tax stamps, pressure sealed payslips) – missing/duplicate detection across multiple jobs within a specific timeframe (e.g. no duplicates within a 12 month period), multi-step integrity management. Key unique identifier verification, logging and reporting
Cut Sheet Printing (digital and traditional printing presses) – base stock verification, multi-process (print, finish, insert etc.) integrity management. Missing or duplicate piece detection
Bindery (stitchers, collators, booklet makers, folders, polywrappers) – Signature verification, signature matching, missing/duplicate detection, collation control (booklet makers/collators), tray/bundle sorting for multi-step processes
Plastic Card Processing (phone/loyalty card processing, card attachers) – Card/carrier matching, missing/duplicate detection, pin number verification and logging, scratch off verification, automated bundling/stacking for multi-step processes
Mail Processing (inserting & addressing equipment) – Matching, multi-process (print, finish, insert etc.) integrity management and tray/bundle sorting
Fulfilment (manual and automated kitting) – Missing/duplicate kit detection, kit content verification, job level reporting for multi-step processes
- Add intelligence, capability and life expectancy to legacy equipment
- Ensure job integrity across multi-step production processes
- Improve operational efficiency
- Lower labour costs
- Reduce re-work, waste and spoilage
- Enhanced accountability
- Liability protection
- Ensure SLA & customer quality requirements are met
- Proof of production performance
- Enterprise wide job reconciliation (ADF integration)
- Machine independent – Can be retro-fitted to most existing printing and finishing equipment
- Fast – 64bit architecture enables conditional & parallel processing for today’s high speed, document, mail, labels and plastic card production
- Scalable – Adapts to changing customer requirements. Modular pricing
- Reliable – Near real-time system replication features for disaster recovery and security
- Flexible – Supports a multitude of verification & inspection capabilities simultaneously on the same piece of equipment
- Supported – Comprehensive maintenance contracts featuring remote diagnostics
Related Case Studies
Flexible Packaging – Surface Inspection for Laminate ProductionMay 2, 2017
Our client is a large and long-established producer of paper and board laminates used for...Read more
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more