Discovery Multiscan is a suite of comprehensive data integrity, verification and reporting software tools, which easily integrate with new or legacy printing, inserting, bindery, plastic card or finishing equipment, running at full rated speed for automated, 100% print inspection. The software pulls together images and data from a wide variety of supplied camera and scanner-based technologies, including the Discovery Maxscan contact scanners.
These images are then processed using a comprehensive range of reading tools to detect, extract, grade and decode all forms of printed text such as barcodes, QRCodes and OCR codes within the images for subsequent processing by Multiscan’s integrity, inspection, control, and reporting applications. Discovery Multiscan also offers a variety of print quality inspection tools to detect issues such as print registration, printing glitches, positioning, and color deviation to ensure the print is always within the required specifications.
If errors are detected then a wide range of actions such as diversion, audible/visible alerts, tabbing or roll-mapping for subsequent repairs can be employed, all with full reporting and audit trails.
Discovery Multiscan is perfectly suited for high-speed, high-resolution digital print applications where variable data validation and print quality inspection is more demanding. Reliable integrity assurance for a range of applications including mailpieces, labels, plastic cards whilst simultaneously providing 100% print quality inspection of every printed page.
New 64bit OS, enables MultiScan to read and quickly process the extremely large (1GB+) images that are typically created by MaxScan and other high-resolution line scan cameras
Discovery Multiscan software tools read, control, inspect, verify, log, track and report – providing 100% quality inspection and print data integrity:
- Reading, matching & barcode grading of a multitude of symbologies at high speeds for effective page to page sequence check, data matching and presence/absence, variable data verification including front and back duplex matching
- Inspection tools detect print defects such as print registration, color deviation/density and print quality
- Integrity tools such as Batch Control, File Audit and File Look-Up, verify that each and every printed item is produced with the highest levels of integrity compared to the original customer data job files
Discovery tools can be conditionally executed based on features or specific codes within the image or triggers in the data. This enables variable combinations of multiple tools for complex inspection tasks in variable, multi-page (repeats) applications.
Web Printing/Labels (offset, digital, narrow web presses & security printing) – Barcode grading, print quality inspection, streak/void detection, front/back web matching, variable data legibility, track & trace, missing/duplicate piece detection
Cut Sheet Printing (digital and traditional printing presses) – base stock verification, missing or duplicate piece detection. Duplex matching, file based integrity and variable data verification and process control
Bindery (stitchers, collators, booklet makers, folders, polywrappers) – Signature verification, signature matching, missing/duplicate detection, collation control (booklet makers/collators), tray/bundle sorting. Read & print personalisation
Plastic Card Processing (phone/loyalty card processing, card attachers) – Card/carrier matching, missing/duplicate detection, pin number verification and logging, scratch off verification, automated bundling/stacking, read & print personalisation
Mail Processing (inserting & addressing equipment) – Matching, IMB quality verification, static verification, collation & selective control, double, missing/duplicate piece detection, tray/bundle sorting. Read & Print applications
Fulfilment (manual and automated kitting) – Missing/duplicate kit detection, kit content verification, job level reporting
- Add intelligence, capability and life expectancy to legacy equipment
- Consolidate production processes
- Improve production efficiency
- Lower labour costs
- Reduce re-work, waste and spoilage
- Enhanced accountability
- Liability protection
- Ensure SLA & customer quality requirements are met
- Proof of production performance
- Enterprise wide job reconciliation (ADF integration)
- Machine independent – Can be retro-fitted to most existing printing and finishing equipment
- Fast – 64bit architecture enables conditional & parallel processing for today’s high resolution, high speed, full colour inspection applications
- Scalable – Adapts to changing customer requirements. Modular pricing
- Reliable – Reading and matching of a multitude of symbologies at high speeds including names and full alphanumeric text
- Flexible – Supports a multitude of verification & Inspection capabilities simultaneously on the same piece of equipment
- Supported – Comprehensive maintenance contracts featuring remote diagnostics
Related Case Studies
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more
Lake Image Systems Automates Variable Data Validation on Security Labels for a Global Security PrinterJune 5, 2015
As a leading, UK based security printer, our client is the world’s largest commercial...Read more