Discovery Roll Inspector
Pre-press and document composition tools can produce jobs where every page can be different from the next. Under these conditions, the operators stand little chance of detecting print defects which can quickly produce large amounts of waste. Any undetected and uncorrected error could result in expensive rejects, re-runs or worse, loss of future business! Also many digital web presses have no inbuilt inspection module resulting in the need for an offline manual or semi-automated inspection process, post-print.
Combined Data Verification and Print Quality Inspection
- Discovery Roll Inspector utilizes sophisticated software tools to simultaneously analyse multiple areas of interest (AOIs) and apply multiple quality tests per page.
- Performs highly complex inspection analysis for applications that have no set, recurring, or predictable formats by combining multiple verification tests on a specific page as required. For example by reading a “page 1” marker, Roll Inspector can “conditionally” perform Address verification and validate the IMB code printed on page 1.
- Instantly detect print defects such as ink spots, toner streaks, voids, color variations, and image/barcode quality issues. Check readability of barcodes, text, postal codes, and MICR lines as well as performing sequence, alignment, data verification, and matching verifications for a variety of highly complex, data intensive and variable documents
Un-interrupted inspection for multi-job print runs
- Multiple jobs can be run continuously, one after another, without the need to stop the print line or any operator interaction
- When a defect is detected, a zoomed in view of the defect is displayed and highlighted. An indication of the defect is given and the operator must view the image and declare it good or bad. The printer is NOT STOPPED unless the operator ignores too many defects, or the system is configured to stop after a set number of defects
- All QC retained and defect images are stored with associated date and time stamp, machine ID, and operator ID. All images can be reviewed at a later date or when a customer wants proof of print quality
Complete, cost effective all-in-one solution
- Available as a complete, all-in-one solution from one vendor
- Roll Inspector includes a self-contained module with a PC controller, two large touch screen monitors (one for each side of the web), cameras, and lighting – all within a footprint of 4 feet (1.2m)
- Handles roll-to-roll, roll-to-sheet, and roll-to-fanfold configurations
- Collects inspection data for comprehensive management and performance reporting
- Includes installation, training, and ongoing support to ensure all inspection requirements are met.
Transactional & Direct Mail applications – Check every page for printing defects. Check and validate postal barcodes, MICR line and different page formats, images, logo, text etc
- Less Scrap / Waste – Immediately alerts operators or stops press when defects reach a configured threshold, preventing costly scrapping of large runs of misprinted product
- Improved Productivity – Automates labour intensive inspection processes, job set-ups and reporting
- Lower Costs & Mitigate Risks – Prevents costly reruns and rejects and reduces business risks due to undetected defective print
- Compliance – Ensures all jobs comply to client needs and government regulations
- Increased Customer Satisfaction – 100% inspection meets requirements of large, demanding customers
- Increased Revenues: Attract more customers and more complex, variable data work with full assurance that they will be able to handle the work with 100% accuracy and accountability.
- Machine independent – Can be retro-fitted to most existing printing and finishing equipment
- Fast – 64bit architecture enables conditional & parallel processing for high speed web printed documents and labels
- Scalable – Choose 3 configurations – View, Standard and Full
- Reliable – 24/7 performance for uninterrupted, 100% inspection
- All in One – Complete, all-in-one solution from one vendor.
- Flexible – Supports a multitude of verification & Inspection capabilities simultaneously on the same piece of equipment
- Supported – Comprehensive maintenance contracts featuring remote diagnostics
Related Case Studies
Flexible Packaging – Surface Inspection for Laminate ProductionMay 2, 2017
Our client is a large and long-established producer of paper and board laminates used for...Read more
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more