A comprehensive set of card printing and attaching solutions including verifying variable data, sequence checking, print quality inspection, scratch-off placements, card to carrier matching & much more.
The plastic card manufacturing industry is constantly evolving. According to the International Card Manufacturers Association (ICMA), global production exceeds 35.4 billion cards annually spread across Government/health, Telephone, Financial, Retail/Gift, Gaming cards, and “print on demand” greeting cards that require either personalization or variable data.
Whether a card:
- Serves as an ID (passports, driver license)
- Facilitates payment/credit (e.g. financial/phone cards)
- Gives access to various services (transportation, security, gaming)
- Is a personalized invitation or greeting card
- Forms a part of loyalty, marketing, or promotional program
… the information printed on them must be legible, accurate, secure and correctly match any supporting documentation.
- Card inspection system, plastic card inspection, plastic card integrity, phone card inspection, card carrier match, loyalty card inspection
- Reliable reading of barcodes and unique identifiers on high speed, multi-lane digital card printing & transportation systems
- Automate card to carrier matching – for card attachers
- Inkjet printing verification -Ability to read low resolution, single nozzle inkjet printing often associated with pin numbers
- Plastic card Inspection – Read and match magnetic stripe information to a database or printed/embossed data
- Telephone Card Inspection – Scratch off panel verification & Pin number readability, verification and position
- To track units through the supply chain, units are aggregated into bundles, bundles into cases and cases onto pallets, with the parent-child relationships maintained in a database.
- High-speed reading at throughput in excess of 60,000 cards per hour.
- Reporting to prove production integrity and confirm which cards were processed with which backers/carriers and which pin/SIM numbers are assigned to which serial numbers.
Solutions for Plastic Cards Manufacturers & Printers
Lake Image Systems installed its first plastic card to carrier matching solution in 1994 for a loyalty card program and has installed hundreds of card verification systems since. Our expertise in plastic card integrity verification not only applies to discrete cards but can be applied to multi-up cards produced on sheets and web applications. Experts within camera technologies and lighting, Lake Image Systems provides industry’s best read rates for hard-to-read cards including full-text reading of alphanumeric characters such as names.
Return on investment can be quickly achieved through reduced inspection costs, improved efficiency, and reduced risk of returns.
Our solutions provide standard verification, quality control and reporting tools which can be easily applied to a wide range of variable data verification requirements. This includes our Read and Print solutions to print and verify the data in a single pass. Our solutions read critical data even from challenging, highly reflective and embossed surfaces. Our Discovery suite can also be integrated with MIS and in-house factory tracking systems.
InLine inspection system for verifying data and images printed on Gaming Cards and Lottery Tickets
- Card attaching Systems
- Card inkjet bases
- Narrow web and sheet fed presses
- Card transports
- Digital presses
- Off-line card Inspection equipment
- Inkjet read & print systems
- Robotic card batcher and carton packers
- Card feeders & affixers
Discovery Multiscan is a suite of bolt-on camera and scanner-based integrity verification and reporting solutions which integrate on new or legacy printing, attaching, bindery, plastic card or finishing equipment.LEARN MORE
Discovery Enterprise to track cards through the supply chain, aggregated into bundles, bundles into cases and cases onto pallets, with the parent-child relationships maintained in a database. Reporting to prove production integrityLEARN MORE
Discovery READ&PRINT tracks each card through the finishing device from initial read to final print, providing a higher level of production integrity.LEARN MORE
Discovery SmartPQ is a comprehensive print quality inspection system for monitoring all cards using high-performance line scan imaging, high definition web viewing, and automated defect detection technology for web print, cards, labels, and packaging applications.LEARN MORE
Related Case Studies
COVID 19 Vaccine Passport Card Inspection at ANY Security Printing, HungaryMay 10, 2021
As nations globally roll out their COVID-19 vaccination program, citizens are eagerly looking to resume...Read more
Paragon CC meets stringent SIM pack fulfilment regulations with Lake Image’s Read & Print verification systemFebruary 22, 2018
Lake Image Systems announces that Paragon Customer Communications (Paragon CC), have implemented a 4 camera...Read more