As our industry is continuing its relentless push towards highly personalised documents and mail, data rich and traceable labels and recently towards smart, flexible and trackable packaging. With this level of variability, ensuring your equipment performs with the highest levels of print quality and accuracy is more important than ever.
Printers, label presses, converters as well as plastic card and packaging lines are now demanding fully integrated quality assurance solutions from their equipment suppliers to drive process efficiency, reduce waste, combat criminal activity and/or meet regulatory standards. This enables them to satisfy the increasing pressure from customers, governments and industry regulators for zero print and data defects in their production processes.
Lake Image Systems has a successful track record of working with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) across the print, labelling and packaging spectrum to integrate its industry-leading vision inspection solutions, components, modules and software into their equipment. Whether it is offered as a fully integrated, own branded product feature or as a bolt-on, third party option, we can accommodate your requirements offering mutual business benefit to both parties.
- Reliably read and verify variable barcodes and text data on printed types of equipment including sheet-fed, narrow or wide web presses, label converters, card attachers, inserters, cutters, affixers, feeders and packaging lines
- Constantly monitor for print quality issues such are voids, streaks, print registration, and colour deviations and feed the result back to OEM’s inbuilt quality management system. Discovery JetCheck is specifically designed for Ink Jet systems manufacturers to check and validate Ink Jet nozzle quality either during unit or field testing.
- Ability to simultaneous match printed information against a database and/or against existing printed information on labels, tags, packages and security documents
- Ability to ensure all items in a data file are processed without missing or duplicate pieces
- Integrate with OEM’s control system so that any print and integrity errors cause the piece to be automatically either flagged, marked or diverted
- Full error reporting such as integrity reports, audit trails, roll maps and feed this information into the OEM’s or third-party’s factory control, track and trace, shipping and customer service/CRM systems
- Seamless integration with any adjacent third-party processing equipment such as in-line inkjet printers, readers, encoders, feeders, affixers and converting equipment for end to end integrated solution
- To facilitate tracking units through the supply chain, units are aggregated into bundles, bundles into cases and cases onto pallets, with the parent-child relationships maintained in a database
- Custom software and hardware design for seamless integration.
Solutions for OEMs
A fully integrated solution or bolt-on option enables the OEM’s to satisfy growing customer demands for vision inspection and provides a valuable source for an additional revenue stream for add on equipment sales, maintenance and professional services.
The team at Lake Images Systems has a proven track record of architecting custom software designs ranging from specific file based tracking capabilities to custom inspection and reading functionalities. Electrical interfaces and communication protocols can be designed to seamlessly integrate with OEM process and control systems. All mechanical design requirements can be supported by our full 3D design and prototyping capabilities.
Our development and engineering teams work closely with the OEMs to development high value, unique, full integrated solution to satisfy specific market requirements.
Partnering with Lake Image Systems extends the capability, value and competitiveness of your equipment through:
- Pre-installed and configured camera systems for capturing optimal images for inspection
- Robust software to detect defects or data errors
- Integrated database matching for missing/duplicate detection
- Integrate with OEMs control systems to alert, flag, mark, tab or divert defective items
- Feed error reporting into OEMs equipment management, reporting, traceability and factory control systems
- Seamless integration with existing In-Inline inkjet heads, reader, encoders and tracking systems
- Custom development to meet specific OEMs needs and requirements
- Full reporting and audit.
The Discovery system is scalable, modular and designed to fit within your existing equipment’s infrastructure using industry standard interfaces, connectivity, networks and Windows operating systems. We offer a range of commercial arrangements to suit your needs and a comprehensive 1st and 2nd level maintenance and support options that ensure your customers receive the optimal service for system availability and responsiveness.
- Wide, narrow web & sheet fed presses
- Converting equipment
- Flexible packaging equipment
- Digital printers
- Inkjet head systems providers
- Inserters, folders, cutters, affixers
- Document & label transports
- Hybrid label presses
- Off-line Inspection equipment
Discovery Multiscan is a suite of bolt-on camera and scanner based integrity verification and reporting solutions which integrate on new or legacy printing, inserting, bindery, plastic card or finishing equipment.LEARN MORE
Discovery Enterprise is a centralised production management system which extends throughout an entire production facility.LEARN MORE
Discovery JetCheck provides a simple, yet powerful solution for automatically detecting blocked or defective inkjet nozzles. Through capturing a high-resolution image of a specified inspection test pattern printed by the inkjet head, Discovery JetCheck analyses the scanned image to determine the precise location of defective inkjet nozzles.LEARN MORE
Related Case Studies
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more