HENRIETTA, N.Y – August 14, 2017, Lake Image Systems Inc., the leaders in data integrity, verification and print quality inspection systems are pleased to announce that they will be exhibiting at the PRINT17 show (Booth #2263), September 10 – 14, 2017 taking place at the McCormick Place South, Chicago, IL, USA. PRINT 17 the largest gathering of the printing, publishing, in-plant, graphic communications and mailing/fulfillment communities in the Americas, and this year’s “Grow your Business” theme offers an exciting experience for a diverse spectrum of attendees.
Having received the prestigious MUST SEE ’EM award for four consecutive years, including this year’s award for Discovery READ&PRINT for RFID Tags, Lake Image Systems continues to innovate and invites attendees to learn more about its portfolio of award winning solutions for variable data verification, integrity management and print quality inspection.
“We’re thrilled to be demonstrating our award winning solutions at PRINT 17,” says Scott Stevens, President for Lake Image Systems Inc. “Variable data and print quality inspection processes are no longer optional but essential components of many print production workflows and we invite all PRINT 17 visitors to our booth to explore our full range of solutions based on real-life applications.”
The solutions being demonstrated at the show will include:
- Discovery READ&PRINT for RFID Tags, winners of this year’s MUST SEE ‘EMS award, a cost effective, in-line, end-to-end RFID read, encode, print and verify integrity management solution for high volume RFID tag production. The solution is fast and reliable and processes thousands of RFID imbedded items or labels per hour whilst maintaining 100% integrity at every stage. Defective RFIDs or printed labels are automatically identified, tracked and marked as “VOID” or diverted at the end of the line. Targeted RFID encoders and readers ensure that the signal from one tag does not interfere with another tag, enabling even faster throughput. Discovery READ&PRINT for RFID Tags is provided with all of the required components – vision system, RFID’s readers and encoders, inkjet heads, monitors, cables etc., with full installation and integration service – all at a low, affordable price.
- Discovery Roll Inspector, a winner of the 2016 MUST SEE ‘EMS – BEST IN CATEGORY award, is an all in one, cost effective and high performance, inline print quality inspection system that, unlike standard web vision systems, inspects all of the critical aspects of the web. It prevents spiraling production costs resulting from printing errors and helps to mitigate potentially crippling business risks.
- Discovery Output Scanning Module (OSM), is an all in one, cost effective and high-performance, inline output scanning module for verifying mail piece integrity. By analyzing barcodes, sequence numbers and verifying the address block through the envelope window, the module checks for missing, duplicate or unreadable pieces. Suspect pieces are automatically diverted and a detailed audit log is created. The module consists of a 16” vacuum base, cameras, monitor and a PC loaded with Discovery Multiscan integrity management software tools.
- Discovery MaxScan, a winner of the 2015 MUST SEE ‘EMS award, provides true 600DPI inspection resolution for web and sheet widths up to 36″ in full color. Discovery MaxScan is perfect for digital print applications which require inspection of the full web width for controlling document integrity, front and back matching, color registration errors and print defect detection.
- Discovery Enterprise, a winner of the 2014 MUST SEE ‘EMS award, provides a single point of control for managing integrity and print quality across all your printing and finishing devices. Enterprise enables production flexibility, increasing asset utilization, throughput and operational performance.
- Collation Control and Integrity Verification solution. Our partner, Mailroom Dynamics, will be demonstrating their Elite MRD438 Feeder/Folder, which features increased processing speeds of up to 50,000 sheets per hour, enhanced reliability, production reporting and remote diagnostics coupled with Lake Image’s Discovery Multiscan to provide complete page-level and set-level collation control and integrity verification.
Solution at W+D (booth 1248)
- W+D will be running its BB700 inserter live at the show with a unique read and print direct mail application on special USPS approved shape-cut and embossed envelopes. Using the Discovery READ&PRINT solution from Lake Image, each envelope will be tracked, overprinted using two Lake Image XI-Jet inkjet printers and verified using Lake’s camera technology and integrity management software tools. The unique W+D BB700 and Discovery READ&PRINT concept ensure that the correct variable information, graphics and addresses are printed on the correct matching envelope with minimal interruptions. It is the perfect solution to increase throughputs, minimize waste and mitigate risks due to production errors.
These market-leading solutions and capabilities offer PRINT 17 visitors a unique insight into how they can meet the integrity and print inspection needs of real-world applications and how they can be integrated cost effectively into multi-vendor production environments.