Contact Us Today
It is estimated that 50% of pharmaceutical recalls are due to errors in product labeling or packaging artwork. Furthermore, printing errors such as missing, incorrect or unreadable medication names, strength, lot/serial numbers, or expiry dates can confuse or mislead people. Printing errors can easily occur due to a number of prepress, production, or operational issues. Blocked or misfiring inkjet heads, toner marks, dust, equipment/software glitches or human error (e.g. keying errors) can and do occur at any time.
Print Inspection Solutions for Pharmaceutical Print Suppliers
Lake Image Systems gives pharma print suppliers the confidence and reassurance that their production processes are correct, error-free, trackable, and importantly, auditable according to their end client’s needs.
We offer a comprehensive print quality inspection and variable data verification system for pharmaceutical applications, capable of inspecting 100% of the web, sheet, or document using high-performance camera & scanning technology, and automated defect detection software for pharma labels, leaflets, and packaging applications.
- Automated Print Quality Inspection: Print defects such as misregistration, die-cut variations, smudges, hickeys, hazing, streaks, creases, wrinkles, and colour variation are automatically detected
- Variable Data Verification: Powerful but simple to use, OCR and barcode reading and verification tools to validate 1D/2D barcodes, serial/lot numbers, and Expiry Dates. We ensure the printed data is present, tracked, readable, accurate, and recorded.
- Medical Leaflet Proofing: Precisely compare every printed character against the original input PDF (post RIP’d) file or digital artwork, even for large page layouts or small font sizes.
- Print Integrity Control: We track items, verify sequences, detect missing/duplicates and match information against a database or the original print run input file for complete print integrity verification.
- Flexible Error & Reject Control: When an error is detected, we track the item and either divert, mark or tab the item, record the nature and location of the error, issue an operator alert and display the error on our monitor. Optionally we can stop the press or converter for gross or repeated errors.
- Error Tracking & Reporting: We maintain a detailed audit file that can be downloaded as a CSV file or used as an error Roll Map for offline correction. Alternatively, this can be integrated with track and trace or serialization management systems.
Return on investment can be quickly achieved through reduced inspection costs, improved efficiency and minimized business risks for Printers and their pharmaceutical business clients. Learn More >>
Verify Text & Barcodes
We verify all critical variable text such as expiry dates and serial/lot/batch numbers, 1D/2D barcodes, QR codes, and Data Matrix printed on Pharma labels & packsREAD MORE
Inspect Print Quality
We print quality inspect print for defects such as toner/ink marks, voids, colour/die-cut variances, poor registration, and much moreREAD MORE
Anti-counterfeit and Track & Trace
We read, authenticate, and record serial numbers, barcode and anti-counterfeit secure QR codes as they are printed and feed them into track and trace systemsREAD MORE
We inspect and grade 1D and 2D barcodes and QRCodes to ISO Standards to ensure they perform throughout your supply chainREAD MORE
Lake Image Systems collaborated with Graph-Tech USA to allow Discovery Multiscan software to correctly read and verify the “patented IQ-R technology”, along with the variable data, printed by the Graph-Tech USA inkjet heads to maximize performance and production efficiency.
If a card defect is encountered, Discovery Multiscan3 automatically logs the error and triggers a divert on the Graph-Tech card transport to reject the card, allowing the operator to manually inspect and make good the card.
Installation and testing were completed within two weeks to meet ANY’s strict production deadlinesANY Security Printing, Hungary