A leading, automated print inspection system, offering a suite of comprehensive print quality assurance and variable data integrity, verification & reporting software tools
DISCOVERY Multiscan easily integrates with almost any high volume printing, inserting, bindery, plastic card or finishing equipment, running at full rated speed for automated, 100% print inspection. The software pulls together images and data from a wide variety of supplied camera and scanner-based technologies, including the Discovery Maxscan contact scanners.
These images are then processed using a comprehensive range of reading tools to detect, extract, grade and decode all forms of printed text such as barcodes, QRCodes and OCR codes within the images for subsequent processing by Multiscan’s integrity, inspection, control, and reporting tools. Discovery Multiscan also offers a variety of print quality inspection tools to detect issues such as print registration, printing glitches, positioning, and color deviation to ensure the print is always within the required specifications.
If errors are detected then a wide range of actions such as diversion, audible/visible alerts, tabbing or roll-mapping for subsequent repairs can be employed, all with full reporting and audit trails.
Discovery Multiscan is perfectly suited for high-speed, high-resolution digital print applications where variable data validation and print quality inspection is more demanding. Reliable integrity assurance for a range of applications including mailpieces, labels, plastic cards, security whilst simultaneously providing 100% print quality inspection of every printed page.
New 64bit OS, enables MultiScan to read and quickly process the extremely large (1GB+) images that are typically created by MaxScan and other high-resolution line scan cameras
Discovery Multiscan software tools read, control, inspect, verify, log, track and report – providing 100% quality inspection and print data integrity:
- Reading, matching & barcode grading of a multitude of symbologies at high speeds for effective page to page sequence check, data matching and presence/absence, variable data verification including front and back duplex matching
- Inspection tools detect print defects such as print registration, color deviation/density and print quality
- Integrity tools such as Batch Control, File Audit and File Look-Up, verify that each and every printed item is produced with the highest levels of integrity compared to the original customer data job files
Discovery tools can be conditionally executed based on features or specific codes within the image or triggers in the data. This enables variable combinations of multiple tools for complex inspection tasks in variable, multi-page (repeats) applications. Discovery is the ideal choice if you are looking for industrial vision systems or a camera print inspection solution.
Web Printing/Labels (offset, digital, narrow web presses & security printing) – Barcode grading, print quality inspection, streak/void detection, front/back web matching, variable data legibility, track & trace, missing/duplicate piece detection
Cut Sheet Printing (digital and traditional printing presses) – base stock verification, missing or duplicate piece detection. Duplex matching, file based integrity and variable data verification and process control
Bindery (stitchers, collators, booklet makers, folders, polywrappers) – Signature verification, signature matching, missing/duplicate detection, collation control (booklet makers/collators), tray/bundle sorting. Read & print personalisation
Plastic Card Processing (phone/loyalty card processing, card attachers) – Card/carrier matching, missing/duplicate detection, pin number verification and logging, scratch off verification, automated bundling/stacking, read & print personalisation
Mail Processing (inserting & addressing equipment) – Matching, IMB quality verification, static verification, collation & selective control, double, missing/duplicate piece detection, tray/bundle sorting. Read & Print applications
Fulfilment (manual and automated kitting) – Missing/duplicate kit detection, kit content verification, job level reporting
- Add intelligence, capability and life expectancy to legacy equipment
- Consolidate production processes
- Improve production efficiency
- Lower labour costs
- Reduce re-work, waste and spoilage
- Enhanced accountability
- Liability protection
- Ensure SLA & customer quality requirements are met
- Proof of production performance
- Enterprise wide job reconciliation (ADF integration)
- Machine independent – Can be retro-fitted to most existing printing and finishing equipment
- Fast – 64bit architecture enables conditional & parallel processing for today’s high resolution, high speed, full colour inspection applications
- Scalable – Adapts to changing customer requirements. Modular pricing
- Reliable – Reading and matching of a multitude of symbologies at high speeds including names and full alphanumeric text
- Flexible – Supports a multitude of verification & Inspection capabilities simultaneously on the same piece of equipment
- Supported – Comprehensive maintenance contracts featuring remote diagnostics
DISCOVERY Multiscan Case StudiesMore Case Studies
OpSec Security Inc
OpSec Security, Inc. is the market leader in fighting counterfeits for brands, transaction cards, government documents and currency. OpSec delivers a comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions, including advanced physical security technologies, supply chain track and trace services, and online and e-commerce monitoring and analysis for more than 300 companies across industry sectors and 50 governments worldwide.
- OpSec Security, Inc. is one of the world’s most comprehensive optical security company, protecting some of the world’s largest corporations and governments.
- Offers a comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions, including advanced physical security technologies, supply chain track and trace services, and online and e-commerce monitoring and analysis.
- Operates in the USA, UK, and Germany. Sales operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Implemented Discovery Multiscan 8K Line Scan Camera systems on all web platforms.
- Multiscan RollSequence software was used to cross match label variable data to the original data file to ensure all labels are in sequence and automatically track and trace duplication, missing and unreadable labels.
- Multiscan RollReview software allows OpSec’s QC team to review errors off-line and generate a remake file based on human review.
- Required a cost effective solution to verify variable data printed on security labels on existing label printing & finishing equipment.
- All types of variable data formats including barcode, 2D and OCR printed on highly reflective holographic OVD could not be captured using existing inspection solutions.
- Variable data must be cross matched against original data file to detect duplicates, out of sequence, missing or defective labels.
- Multiscan increased operational flexibility and efficiencies in producing labels – Lower costs
- Multiscan can be bolted on any device – reduced capex requirements
- Multiscan enabled OpSec to offer more sophisticated, secure label solutions – increasing competitiveness
- Multiscan is an integral part of OpSec’s SecureITT labels product and Xerox’s eTRACS system, stimulating new market growth in Tax Stamp solutions.
The unique nature of our labelling solutions presents challenges not typically encountered by most converters and printers. The lake technology was the only system that could meet the challenges. In addition the systems was clearly able to adapt and develop to out increasing demands as our SecureITTTM product developed.JIM KELLER, DIRECTOR P & PD, OPSEC SECURITY
Related Case Studies
Ramón Chozas S.A. automates print inspection for Tax Stamps and increases productivity by 15%December 6, 2019
Established in 1909, Ramón Chozas is today one of Latin America’s leading commercial and security...Read more
Runbeck Election Services Enhances Mail Integrity for Vote-By-Mail BallotsSeptember 5, 2019
Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, USA, Runbeck Election Services provides election solutions that include ballot production,...Read more
Strahm Automation & Mailing – Lake Image & W+D joined forces to provide greater flexibility, integrity & operational efficiencyJuly 4, 2019
As one of Kansas City’s premier service bureaus, Strahm Automation & Mailing Services has built...Read more
REYNDERS label printing – Automation and 100% Verification of ScanTrust QRcodes for Secure Packaging PrintingJuly 13, 2018
REYNDERS label printing’s roots date back to 1956, when its founder, Emile Reynders, started a...Read more
Opus Trust Marketing – Enabling 100% Document Integrity for Mission Critical, Highly Regulated Document ProductionApril 24, 2018
Opus Trust Marketing is a leading provider of outsourced document services that creates, prints, mails...Read more
Paragon CC meets stringent SIM pack fulfilment regulations with Lake Image’s Read & Print verification systemFebruary 22, 2018
Lake Image Systems announces that Paragon Customer Communications (Paragon CC), have implemented a 4 camera...Read more
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more
Lake Image Systems Automates UV Variable Data Validation on Security Labels for a Global Security PrinterJune 5, 2015
As a leading, UK based security printer, our client is the world’s largest commercial...Read more
OpSec Security choose Lake Image for Tax Stamp inspection demandsOctober 1, 2014
Annual global losses through counterfeiting have recently been estimated to be as high as $600...Read more
Data Integrators turn To Lake Image for integrity inspectionAugust 1, 2011
Data Integrators (North Virginia) turn to Lake Image for 100% integrity assurance. Data Integrators of...Read more
Loricas finds the solution to its shortfallFebruary 10, 2010
PrintWeek Report Loricas Solutions is a growing north-east-based direct mail house that has been in...Read more
REAL Digital gets it right every time – with Lake Image integrity systemsJune 25, 2009
REAL Digital may not have been an overnight success, but it’s not been far from...Read more
Talco Direct Inc.June 15, 2009
The ability of the Lake Image Systems cameras to read images at inserter speeds as...Read more
American Bank NoteFebruary 10, 2009
More than 200 years ago, in 1795, the American patriot Paul Revere established a bank...Read more