In-line digital print quality inspection system for Web printers for 100% print quality assurance, variable data verification and job integrity.
Pre-press and document composition tools can produce jobs where every page can be different from the next. Under these conditions, the operators stand little chance of detecting print defects which can quickly produce large amounts of waste. Any undetected and uncorrected error could result in expensive rejects, re-runs or worse, loss of future business! Also many digital web presses have no inbuilt inspection module resulting in the need for an offline manual or semi-automated inspection process, post-print.
The Discovery Roll Inspector is an inline, all-in-one, 100% web inspection system from Lake Image Systems. Ideally suited for laser and inkjet web printing systems, the Discovery Roll Inspector ensures all your printing meets the high standards required by your clients.
Combined Data Verification and Print Quality Inspection
- Discovery Roll Inspector utilizes sophisticated software tools to simultaneously analyse multiple areas of interest (AOIs) and apply multiple quality tests per page.
- Performs highly complex inspection analysis for variable data printing applications that have no set, recurring, or predictable formats by combining multiple verification tests on a specific page as required. For example by reading a “page 1” marker, Roll Inspector can “conditionally” perform Address verification and validate the IMB code printed on page 1.
- Instantly detect print defects such as ink spots, toner streaks, voids, color variations, and image/barcode quality issues. Check readability of barcodes, text, postal codes, and MICR lines as well as performing sequence, alignment, data verification, and matching verifications for a variety of highly complex, data intensive and variable documents
Un-interrupted inspection for multi-job print runs
- Multiple jobs can be run continuously, one after another, without the need to stop the print line or any operator interaction
- When a defect is detected, a zoomed in view of the defect is displayed and highlighted. An indication of the defect is given and the operator must view the image and declare it good or bad. The printer is NOT STOPPED unless the operator ignores too many defects, or the system is configured to stop after a set number of defects
- All QC retained and defect images are stored with associated date and time stamp, machine ID, and operator ID. All images can be reviewed at a later date or when a customer wants proof of print quality
Complete, cost effective all-in-one solution
- Available as a complete, all-in-one solution from one vendor
- Roll Inspector includes a self-contained module with a PC controller, two large touch screen monitors (one for each side of the web), cameras, and lighting – all within a footprint of 4 feet (1.2m)
- Handles roll-to-roll, roll-to-sheet, and roll-to-fanfold configurations
- Collects inspection data for comprehensive management and performance reporting
- Includes installation, training, and ongoing support to ensure all inspection requirements are met.
Transactional & Direct Mail applications – Check every page for printing defects. Check and validate postal barcodes, MICR line and different page formats, images, logo, text etc.
Booklet applications – Check every page for printing defects. Check and validate barcode, QRcode or OCR text for readability, accuracy, correct sequencing, front and back matching etc.
Packaging applications – Check every packaging repeat for print quality defects, verify variable serialized numbers, expiry dates and anti-counterfeit QR codes.
Pharma Leaflet print applications – Check every pharmaceutical leaflet, multi-up for print quality defects and compare every word, comma and full stop against master Image/PDF.
Label applications – Check every label (upto 16 across the web) for print quality defects Check and validate barcode, QRcode or OCR text for readability, accuracy and correct sequencing
- Less Scrap / Waste – Immediately alerts operators or stops press when defects reach a configured threshold, preventing costly scrapping of large runs of misprinted product
- Improved Productivity – Automates labour intensive inspection processes, job set-ups and reporting
- Lower Costs & Mitigate Risks – Prevents costly reruns and rejects and reduces business risks due to undetected defective print
- Compliance – Ensures all jobs comply to client needs and government regulations
- Increased Customer Satisfaction – 100% inspection meets requirements of large, demanding customers
- Increased Revenues: Attract more customers and more complex, variable data work with full assurance that they will be able to handle the work with 100% accuracy and accountability.
- Machine independent – Can be retro-fitted to most existing printing and finishing equipment
- Fast – 64bit architecture enables conditional & parallel processing for high speed web printed documents and labels
- Scalable – Choose 3 configurations – View, Standard and Full
- Reliable – 24/7 performance for uninterrupted, 100% inspection
- All in One – Complete, all-in-one solution from one vendor.
- Flexible – Supports a multitude of verification & Inspection capabilities simultaneously on the same piece of equipment
- Supported – Comprehensive maintenance contracts featuring remote diagnostics
Related Case Studies
Ramón Chozas S.A. automates print inspection for Tax Stamps and increases productivity by 15%December 6, 2019
Established in 1909, Ramón Chozas is today one of Latin America’s leading commercial and security...Read more
De La Rue Plc Installs Innovative Printing System with Automated in-line Variable Data & Print InspectionOctober 3, 2019
Lake Image Systems Ltd., in partnership with the UK based Ross Manufacturing Ltd., is pleased...Read more
Runbeck Election Services Enhances Mail Integrity for Vote-By-Mail BallotsSeptember 5, 2019
Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, USA, Runbeck Election Services provides election solutions that include ballot production,...Read more
Strahm Automation & Mailing – Lake Image & W+D joined forces to provide greater flexibility, integrity & operational efficiencyJuly 4, 2019
As one of Kansas City’s premier service bureaus, Strahm Automation & Mailing Services has built...Read more
Tamarack Products integrates Read&Print technology to read and encode RFID tags during inlay insertionJanuary 23, 2019
Lake Image Systems Inc. is pleased to announce that its award-winning DISCOVERY READ&PRINT for RFID has been...Read more
REYNDERS label printing – Automation and 100% Verification of ScanTrust QRcodes for Secure Packaging PrintingJuly 13, 2018
REYNDERS label printing’s roots date back to 1956, when its founder, Emile Reynders, started a...Read more
Opus Trust Marketing – Enabling 100% Document Integrity for Mission Critical, Highly Regulated Document ProductionApril 24, 2018
Opus Trust Marketing is a leading provider of outsourced document services that creates, prints, mails...Read more
High Cotton USA Inc. – Gets the Details Right for Mission Critical Financial and Healthcare Document ProductionApril 3, 2018
High Cotton USA Inc. is a service bureau that specializes in the design and production...Read more
Paragon CC meets stringent SIM pack fulfilment regulations with Lake Image’s Read & Print verification systemFebruary 22, 2018
Lake Image Systems announces that Paragon Customer Communications (Paragon CC), have implemented a 4 camera...Read more
Pressure Sealed Forms – Automated Integrity InspectionJanuary 4, 2018
Our client is a global document solutions company at the forefront of print innovation. As...Read more
Flexible Packaging – Surface Inspection for Laminate ProductionMay 2, 2017
Our client is a large and long-established producer of paper and board laminates used for...Read more
Fedopress Automate Variable Data Validation for One Billion Tax Stamps AnnuallyApril 25, 2017
Fedopress, the state owned print service provider to the Belgian Federal Public Service FINANCE, produces...Read more
UFO Japan Install Asia’s First 16K Camera System for Inspecting Variable Codes on Gaming CardsJune 22, 2016
Read this article in Japanese printed in a local print journal Lake Image Systems Asia...Read more
I.D. Images Automates Duplicate Label Detection for Tracking LabelsApril 11, 2016
I.D. Images LLC, is a leading label manufacturer providing thermal transfer, direct thermal, laser, integrated,...Read more
Lake Image Systems Delivers a Unique Read and Print Personalization Solution for NextPage.December 14, 2015
Lake Image Systems has implemented a unique Read & Print solution to personalize cards for...Read more
Lake Image Systems provides a 100% verification system for validating winning lottery ticketsNovember 26, 2015
Lake Image Systems provides Arcon Bulgaria Ltd., a 100% verification system for automating winning lottery...Read more
Lake Image Systems Improves Press Productivity for Vietnam Post and Telecommunications GroupNovember 26, 2015
The Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group Pte Ltd. (VNPT) have implemented a camera based, data...Read more
Lake Image Systems Automates UV Variable Data Validation on Security Labels for a Global Security PrinterJune 5, 2015
As a leading, UK based security printer, our client is the world’s largest commercial...Read more
Real Digital relies on Lake Image for Mailmark™ integrity verificationMay 15, 2015
REAL Digital International has firmly established itself as the UK’s leading provider of dynamic print...Read more
SG360° Leading the evolution of direct mail with Lake Image SystemsJanuary 12, 2015
For years, the challenge for marketers has been collecting, managing and using consumer data effectively...Read more
OpSec Security choose Lake Image for Tax Stamp inspection demandsOctober 1, 2014
Annual global losses through counterfeiting have recently been estimated to be as high as $600...Read more
Data One Services choose Lake Image for document factory print and mailpiece tracking and controlSeptember 10, 2014
As part of their Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) operation, Data One Services Sdn Bhd (DATAONE)...Read more
Hally Labels gets it right for variable data traceability labelsJuly 25, 2014
In the business for over 49 years, Hally Labels is one of Australasia's leading label...Read more
Data Integrators turn To Lake Image for integrity inspectionAugust 1, 2011
Data Integrators (North Virginia) turn to Lake Image for 100% integrity assurance. Data Integrators of...Read more
Loricas finds the solution to its shortfallFebruary 10, 2010
PrintWeek Report Loricas Solutions is a growing north-east-based direct mail house that has been in...Read more
REAL Digital gets it right every time – with Lake Image integrity systemsJune 25, 2009
REAL Digital may not have been an overnight success, but it’s not been far from...Read more
Smart moves to meet the GS1 labelling challenge set by TescoJune 25, 2009
As the UK’s largest and most successful supermarket, Tesco has a reputation as an innovator...Read more
Talco Direct Inc.June 15, 2009
The ability of the Lake Image Systems cameras to read images at inserter speeds as...Read more
Update Your Legacy EquipmentFebruary 10, 2009
Printing Industries of America, Reprint 08/09 2009 Dennis Mason, President, Mason Consulting Use it up,...Read more
American Bank NoteFebruary 10, 2009
More than 200 years ago, in 1795, the American patriot Paul Revere established a bank...Read more
GD Laser use IntegraVision with invisible ink for improved response.February 10, 2009
Based in Wooburn Green, near High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, GD Laser is a small print and...Read more