We offer Read and Print system that ensures that when an error occurs, the process is controlled and the faulty items are identified, corrected or removed.
Typically industrial inkjet printers are increasingly being used to print variable information onto each item. This can be a simple cartridge based inkjet head, or a wide format graphics printer.
Sequencing, missing or blocked jets, or movements of the material on the fast moving belt can quickly result in integrity and print errors that have to be discarded and re-printed, increasing waste and costs. If the defective items go out unchecked, the repercussions (for the printer and their clients), could be substantial financial penalties, lengthy legal disputes, lost productivity in investigating issues, higher operational costs, lost revenue and worst still, poor publicity, reputations, and loss of future business. Text (OCR) and barcode verification & inspection is an essential process step to minimize any potential reading issues downstream which can have a serious process, logistics and financial implications for an organization.
Lake Image Systems is an industry leader in in-line Read and Print solutions for high-speed production of variable documents, mail, labels, plastic cards and flexible packaging.
- Reliable reading, verification and matching of a multitude of symbologies at high speeds including names and full alphanumeric text.
- Ability to check and verify sequence – either sequential numbers, match sequence against a database or complete integrity verification against the original print run input file
- Ability to verify address and postal sortation sequence
- Ability to divert, mark, tab suspect items
- Able to integrate with all major Inkjet Printhead system providers
- Ability to read and verify normal, infrared or ultraviolet inkjet printed text and images
- Ability to verify presence/absence, location and quality of specific printed text, logos, images
- Ability to provide ongoing, real-time information and detailed production/Audit reporting
- Flexibility to easily change integrity configurations to adapt to changing customer requirements.